Adults who desire to receive Confirmation are encouraged to join the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) program, which starts in the Fall and culminates with baptisms and confirmations at the Easter Vigil. A new program will start in the Fall, meeting on Tuesday nights from 7:00 to 9:00 pm in Norton Hall. These are our new Catholics — photo taken at the Rite of Election in Cathedral of Christ the Light with Bishop Barber, S.J.:
Adult Education and Formation
We welcome your participation in our study programs on the Catholic faith! These informal lecture series strive to advance personal spiritual enrichment and have been attended by both life-long Catholics and recent converts to the faith.
Our classes typically meet on Thursday evenings, and begin with an opening prayer, followed by a lecture (viewed on DVD) and a group discussion. We often use study guides to enhance our studies. Depending on the course or selected theme, program duration can range from 7-week courses to 24-week studies.
Past Faith Studies programs have included:
- “Unlocking the Mystery of the Bible” by Jeff Cavins from Ascension Press (8 weeks)
- “A Biblical Walk with the Blessed Mother” by Edward Sri from Ascension Press (8 weeks)
- “7 Deadly Sins & 7 Lively Virtues” by Bishop Robert Barron from Word on Fire (8 weeks)
- “Epic: A Journey Through Church History” by Steve Weidenkopf from Ascension Press (20 weeks)
- “Untold Blessing: Three Paths to Holiness” by Bishop Robert Barron from Word on Fire (7 weeks)
- “The Bible Timeline: The Story of Salvation” by Jeff Cavins from Ascension Press (24 weeks)
Please consider joining us for future studies and feel free to reach out to us with any questions!
The purpose of the Vocation Committee is to inspire and assist our community in fulfilling its mission of fostering vocations, especially to ordained ministry and religious life. Prayer must be the foundation of our work to promote vocations in our parish. All parishioners are asked to pray for vocations: Loving God, You speak to us and nourish us through the life of this church community. In the name of Jesus, we ask you to send your Spirit to us so that men and women among us, young and old, will respond to your call to service and leadership in the church. We pray, especially, in our day, for those who hear your invitation to be a priest, sister or brother. May those who are opening their hearts and minds to your call be encouraged and strengthened through our enthusiasm in your service. Amen.